Do you want to make a difference in our operations and contribute by estimating our mineral resources and developing the lifecycle of our mines?
Working as a Senior Resource Geologist within the Ore Reserves and Project Evaluation team, you will help facilitate development across our mines and projects. The tasks are performed independently or as part of a project team. You will work with a variety of Boliden’s operations and projects performing tasks independently or as part of a project team. We aim to prioritise a good work-life balance with the means to grow together and we will always assist each other when needed. You will be based in Boliden or in Garpenberg and on occasion be required to travel.
The department acts as specialists in project evaluation, modelling and resource estimation to support business critical decisions in exploration and mining. The department also ensures compliance to the PERC Standard.
· Data verification
· Resource estimation and geological modelling
· Collaborate with mine geology, exploration and technical teams
· Lead and implement work processes and continuous improvement tasks
· Provide data to and take part in technical studies
· Technical report writing
· Present results to both management and coworkers
· Assist in annual compilation of resources and reserves
· BSc or higher within a Geoscientific field
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in resource estimation, additional experience in the mining industry is beneficial
· Ability to take initiative, work efficiently and mentor and support coworkers to drive change
· Willingness to work towards being a Competent Person for Boliden
· Experience in the use of relevant mining software packages (e.g. Leapfrog, Datamine, Deswik), but even more important is a willingness to learn and develop the knowledge
· Fluent in spoken and written English, Swedish is a merit
· A category B driving license is required
Every journey at Boliden is different, what will yours look like? Apply now with your CV. We are happy to get your application up until Sunday 18 February 2024. Applications are continuously evaluated during the application period.
Your application is processed in accordance with the GDPR. Questions regarding your application are answered by Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Bertil Karlsson +46 910 77 32 78.
Want to know more?
Please contact me, Sofia Höglund, Manager Ore Reserves and Project Evaluation for further information: +46 (0) 70 536 13 23. email@example.com Your interest is much appreciated!
Trade union information is available from Ditte Möller Lasskogen, SACO, +46 910 70 42 40, Andreas Mårtensson, Unionen, +46 70 541 83 93 and Peter Markström, Ledarna, +46 910 77 40 09.
Read more about working at Boliden here: Career - Boliden, Exploration - Boliden
Keywords: Resource geologist, Resource estimation, geostatistics, Leapfrog, Datamine, Deswik, Boliden
For more than 90 years, Boliden has been exploring, extracting and processing base metals and precious metals. Our production is based on experience, innovation and modern technology, developed in collaboration with Nordic technology and engineering companies. Today, we are an industry leader in terms of sustainable metal production from deposits to recycling used metals.
Boliden’s long-term climate target is to produce metals with a low carbon footprint. Supporting the Paris Agreement, Boliden has targeted to reduce its CO2 intensity with 40% until 2030. Substantial investments are made to reach the target, striving to increase energy efficiency and to decrease the usage of fossil fuels. Boliden wants to set an example for the mining and metals industry to produce minerals with a low impact on nature and climate.