Are you the one?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role - or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning - our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core - for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Project Risks and Opportunities Lead
Are you a skilled risk expert with a passion for driving uncertainties in groundbreaking projects? We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join us as a Risk and Opportunities Lead. As part of our visionary team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring impeccable Risks management for the H2GS Boden Project - one of the largest industrial projects in the history of Sweden.
The H2GS Project consists of:
- 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
- 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
- 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility - Various Cold Finishing Facilities
- Plant Power Distribution Grid
- Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Perform Risk and Opportunities assessment (identification, Qualitative Risk Analysis, Quantitative Risk Analysis)
- Develop Risk management controls and mitigation strategies.
- Develop and implement risk response strategies
- Develop and maintain Methods and tools.
- Drive our EPCM services contractor in proactively manage R&O for their area of control
- Fully conversant with the terms and can apply Risk and Opportunities practices contained in AACE and PMI standard level practices. Sound understanding of project delivery phases and activities performed during project phase as detailed in the R&O procedures and guidelines.
- Around 15 years of Risk management experience, working on major projects
- Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, procurement - materials and various purchase orders, contracts, construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, planning and document control.
- Keep abreast of the ongoing work of the project to discern adverse trends, potential problem areas, opportunities and manage their proactive management.
- Working experience with Risk management software; Implement effective reporting in accordance with guideline.
- hands on experience in facilitating Risk and Opportunities workshop
- hands on experience in running Quantification Risk Analysis software and interpret the results.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on additional tasks and objectives that goes beyond Project Services work-scope.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all colleagues, both inside and outside the project team.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes various high-priority stakeholders, engineering disciplines, construction management team, EPCMs and 3rd party suppliers.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team. Why you should work with us!
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to undertake the global steel industry’s greatest ever technological shift. Decarbonization is a necessity, and together we need to act now. We are committed to accelerating change by eliminating CO₂ emissions from the steel production process. Disruptive technology, digital leadership, and our commitment to making a difference will help move the needle.
Cleaning up steel is key to tackling climate change. As one of the world’s dirtiest industries, it is responsible for more than 7 percent of global CO₂ emissions. By bringing emissions close to zero, we are enabling sustainable steelmaking – building a better, cleaner future for our planet.