Northvolt has an exciting job offer as a Senior Manager of Manufacturing to join our bold and passionate team in Skellefteå, Sweden.
Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society by building one of the first large scale European battery factories. In this role you will play an important part in fulfilling our mission.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, manage, lead, and engage in daily production operations to achieve the key performance indicators (safety, on time delivery, quality, and productivity)
- Promote and implement ergonomic principles, environmental responsibility and overall employee health and wellness
- Provide world-class service to internal and external customers
- Lead efforts to attain internal certification goals, ISO requirements, and total customer satisfaction
- Coach, mentor and develop all direct reports, and have an overall people responsibility of around 400 people
- Ensure compliance with all quality systems to achieve the required quality levels
- Manage performance of assigned resources (material, methods, labor, machines)
- Participate in the development of the Master Production Schedule
- Champion Lean Manufacturing Initiatives to drive continuous improvement throughout the plant.
- Be responsible for people management including goal setting, performance management, competency development, recognition, engagement, and well-being.
- Define training goals according to competencies and targets
- Lead change management in accordance with business and plant objectives
- Promote collaboration, diversity and inclusion within the plant and the organization
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of programs which support manufacturing strategies & goals
The world is turning its back on fossil fuels. With the change comes new opportunities and new demands for industry. Together, let’s build a cleaner world.
Founded in 2016 to enable the European transition to a decarbonized future, Northvolt has made swift progress on its mission to deliver the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery with a minimal CO2 footprint and has grown to over 3,000 people from over 100 different nationalities.
Northvolt has to date secured more than $55 billion worth of contracts from key customers, including BMW, Fluence, Scania, Volkswagen, Volvo Cars and Polestar, to support its plans, which include establishing recycling capabilities to enable 50 percent of all its raw material requirements to be sourced from recycled batteries by 2030.