Kalix hospital is a community hospital with the motto "Greatness with the little hospital". We have two nursing departments; the unit for internal medicine, palliative care and the rehab/stroke unit in a total of 24 care places. Kalix hospital was named Sweden's 5th best small hospital in Dagens Medicin 2016 and the Rehab/stroke unit received honorable mention in 2016, 2017 and 2018 for good stroke care in the national stroke register's annual ranking and "stroke unit of the year" in 2019 and 2020.
Kalix hospital is one of five hospitals in the county; the catchment area includes Kalix, Haparanda, Övertorneå and Överkalix municipalities with approx. 34,000 citizens. We also have reception services within general internal medicine, neurology, urology, (general surgery), hematology, eye care, oncology, dialysis care, PRT, outpatient rehabilitation.
Minor surgical procedures and endoscopic examinations are performed at the treatment unit. With us, we collaborate across borders with the goal of creating high-quality care for every patient in the entire care chain. Now we need more people in our specialties! Are you our future colleague?
We are looking for
Specialist physician, senior physician. As a senior physician, you must have several years of meritorious service (at least 4 years) as a specialist physician with broad and comprehensive knowledge of the specialty and/or relevant subspecialty required for work at the clinic. Competence to be an independent back-call, which means medical management on call. Requirement that you have Swedish identification with knowledge of Swedish C1 level. Meritorious if you are a specialist in palliative medicine and have a solid interest in palliative, oncological care and want to be involved and influence the future development of the specialty within the region.
Great importance will be placed on your personal qualities. As a person, you are stable with good empathic ability, structured, easy to collaborate and see opportunities and take the larger perspective into account.
Attached to the application:
• Certificate of medical degree from the university or institutions where you have completed your basic education. This also applies if you are educated in another EU country or in a country outside the EU
• Proof of identification from the National Board of Health and Welfare
• Specialist certificate from the National Board of Health and Welfare
• Any further documented qualifications regarding, for example, clinical knowledge/experience, clinical development work, management experience, academic merits or other things that you want to highlight as meritorious for the position applied for
Current position must also be stated in the application.
You get to work with this
You will be the fixed point in the care department for the palliative care unit and be responsible for daily work there together with nurses and assistant nurses on the unit as well as be the responsible doctor for the palliative counseling team and be available as a consultant for the Oncology Department. The palliative counseling team and the Oncology Clinic work closely together.
You will work independently as well as have close collaboration with the respective specialty at the clinic and be part of that work group.
Working with and keeping an eye on flows is important. We work with continuous improvements with patient safety and the working environment in focus. Great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and good treatment.
This is what we offer you
- We offer a stimulating workplace with good collegial support and the opportunity for skills development.
- Well-functioning and structured workplace, close contacts with colleagues.
- Relocation allowance is offered to applicants outside Norrbotten and help with work opportunities for partners/other family
- Development and career opportunities where you get to be part of creating the health and care of the future
- Health-promoting workplaces with access to wellness activities and wellness grants
- Link to our benefits: https://www.norrbotten.se/sv/jobba-hos-oss/anstallningsvillor-och-utveckling/
Information about the service
The position is for the time being full-time incl. duty in the back call line.
Region Norrbotten applies individual wage setting according to collective agreements. Selection and interviews take place continuously and the position can be filled before the application deadline
Welcome with your application!
In Norrbotten, we work day and night, all year round, for you.
Region Norrbotten is one of the county’s biggest employers, with around 6,500 staff. Health care and dental care form the bulk of our operations, but we also work with regional development and culture. You’ll find our hospitals, health centres and clinics from the beaches of the coast to the tops of our mountains.
There are many exciting jobs across Norrbotten for those who want meaningful work with good competence development opportunities. You can grow, both professionally and as a person.